Evernote Certified Program Code of Conduct
Last Updated: February 1, 2022
Evernote Certified Program (“Program”) members have an obligation to maintain and adhere to the following Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct may result in immediate termination of your membership in the Program.
As an Evernote Certified Program participant, you’re an extension of Evernote. Your actions, messages, and relationships associate you with our customers, our employees, other community members, and our brand. Please be mindful of the way you’re associating yourself with Evernote, and how the messages you put into the world might be interpreted and reflect on both you and on Evernote.
As a Program member, I agree to the following:Representing Evernote
- I will keep confidential any non-public information that is shared with me by Evernote Corporation (“Evernote”).
- I will act and speak professionally in a manner that reflects positively on Evernote.
- I will accurately represent the features, benefits, and capabilities of Evernote’s products and services.
- I will not make any inaccurate or deceptive statements about Evernote’s products and services. For example, I would remove any Evernote information that could cause a customer any confusion about my relationship with Evernote or between Evernote and any third party.
- I will respect Evernote’s trademarks and follow Evernote’s trademark guidelines.
- I will make sure that my website and all of my marketing materials and communications are up to date. For example, I will make sure that all statements I make about Evernote and my use of Evernote Property in these materials and communications are correct, consistent with any information provided by Evernote, and updated in a timely manner.
- I will not register any third party for any Evernote Services, whether Paid Services or free Evernote Services.
- I will not include on my website in connection with, any spyware, malware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious or harmful code, nor will I allow any software application to be downloaded or installed on any third party computer or other electronic device in connection with any promotion communication relating to Evernote.
- I will not cloak, hide, spoof, or otherwise disguise the URL or use any link shortening service in any way that could cause a third party to be confused that the link goes to an Evernote web page.
Marketing My Services
To the extent that I provide any information or other services relating to the use of Evernote:
- I will include a statement (that complies with applicable consumer protection laws) on all relevant materials making it clear that I may receive compensation or other consideration from Evernote as a result of my activities as a Program member.
- I will accurately reflect my participation and membership level in the Program in all of my communications, whether written or oral, and other interactions with my clients or any third parties.
- I will only offer services for which I am qualified.
- I will honestly and accurately represent those qualifications in my marketing materials and my written and verbal communications.
- I will generate my own leads and customers, and I understand that Evernote does not guarantee me referrals or customers.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will direct potential clients and customers to find another member of the Program who may better meet their needs.
- I will be solely responsible for my website, marketing materials and other communications.
- My website and other promotional materials will not:
- promote or contain sexually explicit materials;
- promote violence or contain violent images;
- promote discrimination of any type, whether based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age; and
- promote, encourage or condone violation of any laws or regulations or violate any laws or regulations.
- I will clearly communicate my consulting fee structure to my clients and customers prior to engaging in any work.
- If given access to my customers’ or clients’ systems or data, I will take utmost care to protect the security of their systems and data.
- I will maintain any necessary business licenses and insurance required in the locations where I offer services.
- I will not engage in fraudulent activities to engage new Evernote customers or grow existing Evernote customer accounts.
- I will encourage and maintain a spirit of cooperation within the Program.
- I will compete fairly and honestly with other Program members for work with customers and clients and/or obtaining new Evernote customers of paid services.
- Be inclusive. Part of being a member of the Program is sharing our inclusive values. When communicating, it’s important to recognize that your words have an effect on the people reading them. When posting and communicating with other members of the Program, please remember to use inclusive language. Inclusive language is communication that is gender-neutral and doesn’t demean or stereotype people based on personal characteristics like race, ethnicity, country of origin or residence, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, and so on.
- Abstain from using obscene content and discriminatory language. Remember that our forums are friendly and professional, and we have no tolerance for any kind of discriminatory language or inappropriate content. If you break this rule, you will be banned, temporarily or permanently, depending on the flagrancy of the violation in question.
- Don’t sell. Feel free to use the discussion group to gain feedback or share best practices from or about your business, but please don’t advertise. We’ll delete any advertising about you or your products or services, including spam. We reserve the right to decide what is and isn’t advertising or advertorial.
- Don’t troll or engage in flame wars. They will simply not be tolerated. If things get out of control and a thread is hijacked, it will be closed. Repeat offenders will find themselves banned temporarily.
- Don’t overdo it. Refrain from double posting, topic bumping or spamming the discussion group with copied/repeated posts. Flagrant abuse will get you a warning, then a temporary ban if you keep it up.
- There are better places on the web to talk politics and religion. While we respect all religions and beliefs and love political dialogue, we ask that you refrain from engaging in overtly religious or political discussion on our boards, unless it has specific relation to Evernote products, third party products or use cases. Evernote's great for engaging in religious learning and organizing religious study, and we definitely promote that and other use cases.